Play Zen-Sational Tennis
Win More Matches, Have More Fun and Gain a Mental Advantage!
Authored by David Ranney
So, what is this Zen stuff all about? The word Zen is from the Japanese pronunciation of the Chinese word Chán, which can be approximately translated as "meditation" or "meditative state."
Ok, everyone knows you must get into this "meditative state" or "zone state" in order to play really well. You also hear a lot of players say that they need to focus well when they play. Unfortunately, these players don't know the very specific things to actually meditate on, focus on, or what to think about when they play.
No, you don't have to go to India, Japan or China and sit in a cave to learn to meditate or what to focus on because I will give you everything you need to do and know in this book.
And, when you focus on the right things, you will find your game improving very rapidly.
Specifically, you will:
* Learn the "Core Principles" of the mental game
* Learn what "Seeing the Ball" really means
* Learn the natural way of breathing when hitting a ball
* Learn what proper relaxation really means and why it is so critical
* Learn specific reasons why you miss a shot and how to fix it on the spot
* Learn the "Mother of all Tips" that will absolutely groove your strokes
* Learn some terrific drills to help you practice your mental game
Here are some of the more important new lessons:
* You get 89 lessons in my new book compared to 46 lessons in my 1st book.
* More detail in many of the existing lessons from my 1st book.
* 3 important and critical additions to my Core Principles.
* Learn the perfect environment for learning strokes and focus that will blow you away when done properly.
* Critical new information on getting into the zone.
* More lessons on how to practice so that you will learn faster and easier.
* More lessons on singles and doubles strategy that you won't find anywhere else.
* A very comprehensive questionnaire to help you analyze how you did when playing your matches without having to pay for professional help.
* A lesson on the 5 things you absolutely have to work on when you drill.
* Free access to my EFT tennis scripts.
* And much more!
David Ranney has been studying the mental game for over 25 years. He was ranked nationally 6th in Singles and 3rd in doubles, represented the U.S. at Junior Wimbledon, played on the Junior Davis Cup team and played for the University of Southern California when they were National Champions.
However, as good as he was, David used to yell and scream on the tennis court. He couldn't ever seem to win matches against players that were higher ranked. He never felt that in important matches he played well enough to win. He got really frustrated and angry with himself and he didn't know how to stop.
After years of playing with intense frustration, he took two lessons from Tim Gallwey when he was in his 30's. That experience changed his tennis life forever and set him on the path of playing the mental game.
- Publication Date: Feb 02 2012
- ISBN/EAN13: 0692016481 / 9780692016480
- Page Count: 334
- Binding Type: US Trade Paper
- Trim Size: 5.5" x 8.5"
- Language: English
- Color: Black and White
- Related Categories: Sports & Recreation / Tennis